Ergonomic Garden Tools & Equipment
Ergonomic garden tools really can make a big difference! We all know the feeling of aching muscles and stiff joints after a day of gardening chores and activities.
Whether you tend to overdo it occasionally, are experiencing the loss of flexibility, strength or mobility as the result of a disability or you're simply not as young as you used to be ~ ergonomically designed tools for gardening can bring many benefits.
Ergonomic Garden Tools Reduce Stress & Strain
The types of tasks required for gardening can create strain and stress on many parts of the body, including:
- frequent and repetitive use of the hand or wrist doing movements that are the same or similar
- regular tasks that require the generation of force by the hand
- tasks that require awkward hand and body positions
- frequent and/or lengthy pressure over the wrist or base of the palm
- bending over for long periods of time
These, combined with muscles being over-used and joints being tested to their limits, can make an afternoon in the garden result in a few days of discomfort and pain as the muscles and joints heal.
Discomfort can be alleviated by taking a common sense approach to gardening in moderation ~ warm up your joints and muscles before heading out into the garden and use the many garden tools designed to lessen the strain and stress of gardening chores.
Ergonomic garden tools incorporate the following principles to minimize effort and strain:
- manufactured in materials such as stainless steel for strength and durability. Stainless steel will not rust and slides more easily through soil.
- grips may be larger and slip-resistant
- handles are designed at angles to reduce strain, increase leverage and prevent injury
- bright colors are more visible in garden setting
Gardening is easier when you can sit, swivel and roll! The back-saving Gardener's Supply Tractor Scoot lets you work from a seated position virtually anywhere in your yard or garden. This customer favorite is even more comfortable and easier to use with a longer handle so you can pull the Scoot behind you like a wagon. When retracted, the handle locks upright to make a sturdy handhold. The swiveling, tractor-style seat has been lowered to give you better access when planting and harvesting. Hefty, pneumatic tires ensure a smooth, stable ride.
Deep Seat Garden Kneeler
The Deep-Seat Garden Kneeler has all the same great features as the original model with a seat that's 30% deeper front to back for added comfort and more support. You can use your arm strength to lower yourself for weeding or planting, and then push yourself up again without straining knees or back. Flip the kneeler over and it becomes a convenient bench.
Here is the perfect tool for evicting pesky weeds from nooks and crannies between bricks and pavers. Great for the sidewalk, driveway or patio. Attach broom handle for back-saving ease.